Atlanta Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents are unfortunately a common occurrence on the roads and can result in serious injuries or even fatalities. If you’ve lost a loved one in a fatal car accident, it’s important to seek legal help immediately.
At Sawyer Injury Law in Atlanta, we are dedicated to helping families who have lost loved ones in car accidents. We understand the devastating impact of such accidents and are committed to seeking justice for our clients.
If you need a fatal car accident lawyer, don’t hesitate to contact us today. We offer a free consultation and can help you understand your legal options. Let us help you get the compensation and closure you deserve.
Common Causes of Fatal Car Accidents
Fatal car accidents can be caused by several different factors.
Here are some of the most common causes of fatal car accidents:
- Speeding — Driving at high speeds increases the risk of accidents and makes it harder to react to unexpected situations.
- Distracted driving — Using a phone, eating, or engaging in other distractions while driving can take your attention away from the road and increase the risk of accidents.
- Drunk driving — Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is a leading cause of fatal car accidents, as it impairs judgment and reaction time.
- Reckless driving — Swerving, tailgating, and other aggressive driving behaviors can put other drivers at risk and lead to multi-vehicle car accidents.
- Poor road conditions — Potholes, uneven pavement, and other hazards can cause drivers to lose control of their vehicles and lead to accidents.
- Weather conditions — Rain, snow, ice, and fog can reduce visibility and make it harder to control a vehicle, increasing the risk of accidents.
What Damages Can Surviving Family Members Seek in a Wrongful Death Claim?
Losing a loved one due to the negligence or wrongful actions of another can be devastating. In such cases, surviving family members may be able to seek compensation for their losses through a wrongful death claim, such as:
- Funeral and burial expenses — The cost of funeral and burial expenses can be a significant burden for families. Surviving family members can seek compensation for these costs in a wrongful death claim.
- Loss of income — If the deceased was a primary breadwinner for the family, surviving family members may be able to seek compensation for the loss of income and financial support.
- Loss of companionship — Losing a loved one can be emotionally devastating. Surviving family members can seek compensation for the loss of companionship, love, and affection they would have received from the deceased.
- Pain and suffering — In some cases, surviving family members may be able to seek compensation for the pain and suffering that they loved one experienced before their death.
- Punitive damages — In cases where the wrongful actions of the defendant were particularly egregious, the court may award punitive damages to punish the defendant and deter future similar behavior.
What Can a Fatal Car Accident Lawyer Do For Me?
A fatal car accident lawyer can help you navigate the legal process, understand your rights and options, and fight for maximum compensation. They can investigate the accident, gather evidence, and negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf. An Atlanta wrongful death attorney can also provide emotional support and guidance during this difficult time.
A lawyer can help you determine who is liable for the accident and seek justice for your loved one’s death. By working with a fatal car accident lawyer, you can focus on healing and moving forward while they handle the legal aspects of your case.
Contact Sawyer Injury Law Today
If you or a loved one has been involved in a fatal car accident or needs help with a wrongful death claim, call Sawyer Injury Law.
Our Atlanta car accident lawyers are dedicated to helping families who have lost loved ones due to the negligence or wrongful actions of others. We offer a free consultation to discuss your case and can help you understand your legal options.
Let us help you get the justice and compensation you deserve. Contact us today.
FAQ: Atlanta Fatal Car Accidents
How can I prove negligence in a fatal car accident case?
To prove negligence in a fatal car accident case, you must show that the other driver had a duty to exercise reasonable care while driving, that they breached that duty by acting negligently, and that their negligence caused the accident and resulting death. Evidence such as police reports, witness testimony, and accident reconstruction analyses can help support your negligence claim.
What is the statute of limitations for filing a wrongful death claim in Georgia?
In Georgia, the statute of limitations for filing a wrongful death claim is generally two years from the date of the deceased person’s death. This means that the claim must be filed within two years of the death, or it may be barred from proceeding.
How long does a fatal car accident case typically take to resolve?
The length of time it takes to resolve a fatal car accident case can vary widely depending on the case’s complexity and the parties’ willingness to negotiate. Some cases can be settled quickly, while others may take several months or even years to resolve.
Are there other claims that can be made?
Yes. In some cases, the personal representative of the person who died can make a claim, as well. This type of claim can include different types of damages, too. It’s important to speak to an experienced attorney about the correct type of claim to pursue.